Changing Your Name During or After Divorce (UT)

Changing Your Name During or After Divorce (CO)

Many people take their spouse’s last name when they get married, but when they get divorced, some people want their previous names back. This process is called Name Change Restoration in Colorado. If you do not wish to change your name during or after your divorce, there is nothing you need to do. However, if you want to restore your previous name, this article will walk you through the steps you need to take to do so. If Your Divorce Has Not Started If you just started the divorce process, the best way to indicate that you want your former name restored is by making sure you check the box on your petition for divorce (JDF 1101) and provide your…

Read More