Everything you need to know about divorce in California
What's the divorce process in California? How do you get started? And how much does it cost? We can answer all these questions and more.
Featured Resources for Divorce in California
Should I File a Response in California?
Do you need to respond to your spouse's Petition in California?Read More
What is Community Property in California?
Find what community property is and how it's handled in California divorces.Read More
What to Include in Your Settlement Agreement
Download Hello Divorce's checklist of what to include in your Settlement Agreement.Read More
Mandatory Financial Disclosures in California
What should be in your mandatory Financial Disclosures for your divorce in California?Read More
How Long Does It Take to Get a Divorce in California?
Find out how long your divorce process might take if you are filing in California.Read More
Divorce 101 (Everything You Need to Plan Your Divorce)
Download all of Hello Divorce's helpful planning sheets, checklists and guides.Read More
Fast Facts About Divorce in California
- California is a no fault divorce state
- You can’t be divorced sooner than 6 months and 1 day from the date the Respondent was served
- California has mandatory financial disclosures for spouses
- Some counties require both spouses to do financial disclosures, but most only require one
- California is a community property state
- There can be a lengthy wait time to process paperwork in most California counties
- Default with Agreement is a common way for amicable couples to proceed, saving the cost of one parties' filing fee
Here's how Hello Divorce works
Hello Divorce is the only complete tech-enabled divorce process available. We use a combination of software and expert help and can handle almost every divorce for as low as $100 and never more than $5,000.
Find a Plan that Works for You
You or your spouse decide the level of help you need, and only pay lawyers if you have legal concerns or need advice.Explore Plans
Get Expert Help for a Flat Fee
We have divorce lawyers, mediators, and divorce finance experts on staff and ready to help you at any time.Explore Services