Everything you need to know about divorce in Colorado
What's the divorce process in Colorado? How do you get started? Should you file a joint Petition or a single Petition? We can answer all these questions and more.
Featured Resources for Divorce in Colorado
All About Colorado Mandatory Financial Disclosures
Find out what's required and what documents you need for these mandatory forms.Read More
How to Determine What is Considered Separate Property in Colorado Divorce
Find out what is considered separate property in a Colorado divorce.Read More
Find out What is Marital Property During a Colorado Divorce
Find out how to distinguish what marital property is in a Colorado divorce.Read More
What is an Initial Status Conference and How to Prepare
Find out why you may need to attend an Initial Status Conference during your divorce.Read More
How Do You Change Your Name During or After Divorce in Colorado?
How do you go about changing your name in Colorado during divorce?Read More
We Agree on Everything, So Why Do We Have to Go to Court?
Find out why you may have to attend Divorce Court in Colorado.Read More
Fast Facts About Divorce in Colorado
- There is a 91-day waiting period for divorce in Colorado
- You have the option to file a Joint Petition ("Co Petition") to avoid having to serve the Petition to your spouse
- If there is a full agreement and no minor children the parties can file an Affidavit requesting their Decree without a court appearance
- Financial disclosures are required for both parties – no exceptions
- You have to have lived in Colorado for 91 days in order to file for divorce in the state
Here's how Hello Divorce works
Hello Divorce is the only complete tech-enabled divorce process available. We use a combination of software and expert help and can handle almost every divorce for as low as $100 and never more than $5,000.
Find a Plan that Works for You
You or your spouse decide the level of help you need, and only pay lawyers if you have legal concerns or need advice.Explore Plans
Get Expert Help for a Flat Fee
We have divorce lawyers, mediators, and divorce finance experts on staff and ready to help you at any time.Explore Services