When I founded Hello Divorce, my core values included launching a service that provided an affordable, low conflict, and ‘convenient’ option for separating couples. In order to do that, we had a real uphill battle. I’m not talking about the design, marketing, and/or coding — those things I knew we could tackle by leveraging my knowledge of the legal system with the brilliant development team and outside the box thinkers I had in my tribe. What was really crucial though — was (re) educating our community and reframing the conversation around divorce — making it “doable,” empowering (yes, really!), and of course, understandable (ie breaking down complicated legal concepts into bite-sized pieces of digestible information.)
Our readers “spoke” and they have their favorites. Check out 10 of our top divorce posts of all time. I hope that some (or all) of these resources are helpful and maybe reframe the obstacle (opportunity?) you have ahead. And as always, if you can’t find what you are looking for, let us know and we will point you in the right direction.
So now, the top 10 (in no particular order):
- 10 Times My Divorce Clients Got it So Right
- Marriage Story: Best Picture Nominee but Legally Correct?
- Q&A: Jill Smokler, Founder of “Scary Mommy”
- Worksheet: Create a Thoughtful Co-Parenting Plan
- The Good Friends Guide to Divorce
- Your Marriage Will Probably End in Divorce, and That’s Totally Fine, Guest Author, Steven Kane
- How to Divorce a Narcissist and Win, Guest Author, Rebecca Zung
- What it’s Like Being the Kid of Parents Who Divorced Well, Our Happy Divorce
- Hello Divorce Planning Worksheet
- I’m a Divorce Dad and This is My Best Advice for Co-Parenting Your Kids, Guest Author, Michael Daniels, Fayr
- The Marie Kondo Divorce: Declutter and Get Back on Track
If you’re still reading then we’ve got a few more posts that are the most widely read and reposted (or repurposed) this year:
- What the Bleep is Divorce?
- How to Co-Parent During the Coronavirus Pandemic
- Will Coronavirus Impact My Divorce?
- Why You Should Stop Delaying Your Divorce and Get on With It Already
- The Mindful Divorce: One Ex-Couple Shares Practical Advice on Co-Parenting
- The Best Divorce Advice Ever Given or Received
So much of our content is owed to our incredible guest authors — many of whom are mentioned above. If you are still looking for more resources or maybe more nuanced articles on particular legal concepts, financial planning, and/or mediation — check out our website. We have loads of helpful information.