If you are already married and want to create an agreement controlling how assets should be divided in case of a divorce, Hello Divorce can prepare your postnuptial agreement (also called a postmarital agreement or postnup) using the terms that you and your spouse have agreed on.
The attorney can create your agreement via telephone or video conferencing meetings with you and your spouse or email exchanges. After purchasing, you will receive an email with instructions on how to schedule your first appointment.
To proceed with this service, it will be most efficient if you:
- Draft bullet points for the terms of your agreement
- Gather all documents regarding finances (ex. Bank statements, property titles, 401ks, stocks, debts, etc.) – the attorney will need to prepare financial disclosures as the law requires that you each disclose your respective financials before you enter into a binding agreement
Please note, the service is limited to five hours of attorney time. The time purchased is to cover any time the attorney uses for:
- Communications: meetings, emails, phone calls or video conferencing
- Independent case review or drafting
- Independent research or calculations
- If you would like the attorney to review your documents prior to a meeting, please notify them
Five hours is typically enough to finish the postnup. If you require more time, you will need to purchase additional hours.