Calculate Temporary Spousal Support and/or Child Support (CA)
We will calculate child support and spousal support for you using the program that judges use across the state of California.
You can then take your calculations and attach them to your divorce judgment, use them for negotiating purposes or bring them to your court hearing to advocate for your best result.
The following is a list of information that we will need from you in order to prepare your most accurate calculation:
- Gross income (before taxes) for each spouse (monthly or annual)
- Number of minor children
- Tax filing status (who will claim the children on their taxes? If you don’t know yet, that’s ok!)
- Percentage of time spent with each parent (what is your parenting plan?)
- Health insurance premiums deducted from your paycheck? (pre or post-tax?)
- If you own your home: Monthly mortgage amount – monthly payment towards principal vs. interest AND amount of property taxes paid per month (or annual)
- Any additional income (rental? self-employment?) amount and source
- Monthly contributions to a voluntary retirement plan(s)
- Monthly contributions to a mandatory retirement plan(s)
- Any necessary/ required employment-related expenses such as union dues or uniforms
- Monthly child care expense (if applicable)