Most of our clients are surprised to hear that they have to complete financial disclosures. While Hello Divorce may be handling the bulk of your divorce process, the following is a list of the documents that you will still need to have ready so that you can get your financial disclosures completed (Step 2).
Summary of Mandatory Documents
- Personal income
- Business income
- Monthly expenses
- Any current debts
- Pay stubs and other evidence of all earned and unearned income
- Bank accounts
- Insurance information
- Benefits you receive
- Any current investments
- All loan applications and financial statements
- Real estate you own
- Vehicles you own
- Retirement plans
- Employment and education-related child care expenses
- Any extraordinary children’s expenses
Additionally, you must attach the following proof of income to your financial disclosures (if it applies):
- Federal and State Tax Returns for the two (2) years before the petition was filed and all documents used to prepare the tax returns.
- Pay Stubs or other proof of income twelve (12) months before the petition was filed.
- Loan Applications and financial statements used to apply for the loans twelve (12) months before the petition was filed.
- Real Estate Documents to verify any property interests. This includes a recent appraisal, tax valuation, and refinance documents.
- Financial Statements for all financial accounts for the three (3) months before the petition was filed. This includes checking, savings, money market funds, certificates of deposit, brokerage, investment, and retirement.
If you don’t have all this information as you work through Step 2, don’t worry! You can easily edit later and/or send it to us to include later. We know this is a lot – but it’s the hardest part of the forms/intake process. So once this is behind you – you’ll be that much closer to completing the process. One step at a time….
Have questions? Schedule a FREE 15 minute strategy session with our team of divorce experts.