How Much Will a Divorce Cost?

I want to get my divorce resolved with as little expense possible, and have decided to represent myself to avoid lawyer’s fees. How much will it cost me to get this done?

To initiate your divorce, you will need to pay a basic filing fee to open and move along your case. It is good practice to call your county district clerk or check your local county’s Superior Court’s website to confirm the filing fees. Most of the time additional filings do not cost anything else, but there are exceptions. Court fees fund courthouse operation costs, pay the clerks and bailiffs, and provide equipment for trials and hearings.

Think that’s it? Find out just how much a divorce will cost you once everything’s said and done by reading more.

Join to continue reading.

Starter Membership is free.

LoginSign Up

Learn more about our membership options.

Pin It on Pinterest