Will Spousal Support Increase When Child Support Terminates?

Child support ordinarily terminates when a child turns 18 years old unless the child remains a full time high student, in which case, support continues until the child graduates or turns 19 (whichever comes first). If you are the spouse paying alimony and child support you may be looking forward to some financial relief once child support is over. (although I think we all realize that kids who turn 18 are generally not self supporting and still require the financial assistance of one or both parents). So let’s just say, you may feel some financial relief over compelled payments to your former spouse. But just how certain is this relief? Well, it depends.

Sign up for a free subscription to read on.

Join to continue reading.

Starter Membership is free.

LoginSign Up

Learn more about our membership options.

Pin It on Pinterest