Terms & Conditions Governing Free Materials
By accessing Hello Divorce materials available on its website and through its mobile application, the party accessing the materials agrees to the following terms and conditions. As used herein, “we,” “our,” or “us” refers to Hello Divorce; “you” refers to the accessing party.
- The materials being accessed are free and available to any member of the public at any time. By accessing the materials, you warrant that you are 18 years of age or older and legally competent to agree to these terms and conditions. By accessing or using our website, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions herein and concluding a legally binding contract with us. Do not access or use our platform if you are unwilling or unable to be bound by the following terms.
- Hello Divorce does not perform a conflict check or other screening for anyone accessing free materials. You understand that both you and your opposing party may be accessing identical materials.
- You are responsible for keeping your login credentials confidential and safe. For this reason, you are also required to choose passwords that meet the highest standards of strength permitted by this Application. By registering, you agree to be fully responsible for all activities that occur under their username and password. You are required to immediately and unambiguously inform Hello Divorce, if you think your personal information, including but not limited to your user account, access credentials or personal data, have been violated, unduly disclosed or stolen.
- Hello Divorce is a corporation that offers self-help DIY software, instructional templates and videos, interactive guides and checklists, various tutorials on the divorce legal process. Hello Divorce also provides (1) generally published, factual information, that has been approved by an attorney and pertains to legal procedures, rights, or obligations, with you representing yourself in a legal matter; (2) access to relevant, published legal documents; (3) a “Do-it-yourself” divorce form generator; and (4) access to affiliate lawyers who you can hire to assist you in your legal matter. We are also a legal document assistant (LDA) corporation offering self-help services, as defined by California B&P Section 6400. LDA services in California (only) include: completing, filing and/or serving (delivering) legal documents at your specific direction.
- Hello Divorce is not a law firm nor does it provide attorney services. As such, ACCESSING HELLO DIVORCE’S FREE MATERIALS DOES NOT CREATE AN ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN YOU AND HELLO DIVORCE OR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATED ENTITIES. Should you decide to access and pay for any of Hello Divorce’s premium services, please understand that our services are not suitable for everyone or every case. Clients are accepted at our discretion. We make no guarantees regarding the outcome of your case.
- While Hello Divorce is not a law firm, Hello Divorce does provide access to a marketplace of lawyers and/or lawyers that are employed or contracted with Erin A. Levine, PC, dba Levine Family Law Group. Hello Divorce users that access lawyers through its platform enter into an attorney-client relationship directly with the lawyer and law firm – not with Hello Divorce. Should you decide to access and pay for any legal or lawyer help through any of Hello Divorce’s affiliated entities (e.g. Levine Family Law Group), you will be required to review and accept a new “Terms and Conditions” (aka attorney engagement letter) specifically related to the services and fees that you are hiring them to perform. The applicable “Terms and Conditions” may be unrelated to this site, a screen for conflicts of interest, and other policies of the particular lawyer or rules of the State Bar Association in which they maintain an office(s) may apply. Please note, affiliated lawyers do not “fee split” (share fees) with Hello Divorce unless specifically allowed by the state that service is performed. All legal fees generated are paid directly to the lawyer or law firm that is hired by you. That lawyer may be required to pay Hello Divorce a standard monthly fee which provides them, among other things, with: (1) effortless client on-boarding; (2) form generating software and other resources to assist them to provide cost-effective legal help to consumers; (3) easy file management; and (4) access to a marketplace of consumers who desire legal help from lawyers who are familiar with the Hello Divorce platform.
- All intellectual property rights to the materials are owned by Hello Divorce. No materials may be sold, exploited for a commercial purpose, duplicated, shown in public, edited or otherwise modified without the express written consent of Hello Divorce.
- If at any point we determine for any reason that we cannot continue to provide access to the materials currently available, we may remove access to such materials, and no recourse shall be available to any member of the public. These materials are provided as a public service by Hello Divorce, at its cost, and Hello Divorce has no obligation to provide or continue to provide these materials.
- The materials provided are informational only and do not provide content tailored to your specific matter. The information presented is not legal advice, is not to be acted on as such, and is subject to change without notice. We shall make every reasonable attempt to keep the information available up to date with all legal developments, and the information contained in the materials is deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
- Disclaimer of Warranties
This Application is provided strictly on an “as is” and “as available” basis. Use of the Service is at your own risk. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Hello Divorce expressly disclaims all conditions, representations, and warranties — whether express, implied, statutory or otherwise, including, but not limited to, any implied warranty of services for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of third-party rights.
Any content downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of the Service is downloaded at your own risk and you shall be solely responsible for any damage to Users’ computer system or mobile device or loss of data that results from such download or your use of the Service.
Hello Divorce does not warrant, endorse, guarantee, or assume responsibility for any product or service advertised or offered by a third party through the Service or any hyperlinked website or service.
The Service may become inaccessible or it may not function properly with Users’ web browser, mobile device, and/or operating system. The owner cannot be held liable for any perceived or actual damages arising from Service content, operation, or use of this Service.
- Limitations of liability
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, in no event shall Hello Divorce, and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents, co-branders, partners, suppliers and employees be liable for
- any indirect, punitive, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including without limitation damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses, arising out of or relating to the use of, or inability to use, the Service; and
- any damage, loss or injury resulting from hacking, tampering or other unauthorized access or use of the Service or User account or the information contained therein;
- any errors, mistakes, or inaccuracies of content;
- any interruption or cessation of transmission to or from the Service;
- any bugs, viruses, trojan horses, or the like that may be transmitted to or through the Service;
- any errors or omissions in any content or for any loss or damage incurred as a result of the use of any content posted, emailed, transmitted, or otherwise made available through the Service; and/or
This limitation of liability section shall apply to the fullest extent permitted by law in the applicable jurisdiction whether the alleged liability is based on contract, tort, negligence, strict liability, or any other basis, even if company has been advised of the possibility of such damage.
- Changes to these Terms
Hello Divorce reserves the right to amend or otherwise modify these Terms at any time. In such cases, the Owner will appropriately inform the User of these changes.
- Governing law
These Terms are governed by the law of the state of California.