Quick Tip: If a Petition and a Response have been filed, Financial Disclosures are required. If no Response and/or Stipulation has been filed, skip this and head to Step 3.
Next, you and your spouse each must prepare a Financial Statement (it’s mandatory).
Timing for Petitioner: Within 14 days of providing Response to spouse.
Timing for Respondent: Within 42 days after filing the Response.
Quick Tip: If your spouse is not a DIY Hello Divorce subscriber they can print and fill out blank PDFs from our site using a free starter membership. They are also welcomed to sign up for DIY if they would like to use our guided interviews for these forms.
Quick Tip: You can start, save and come back to your work at any point. Just click the link for Step 2 and then “My Forms” in the top right corner.
File & Serve
DIY Pro members click here to send us a note that you’re ready to file and serve. Then, skip to Step 3 to see what’s next.
DIY’ers: You now have your Step 2 Forms:
- Notice of Disclosure Requirements in Domestic Cases (1351FA)
- Financial Declaration (1352FA)
- Certificate of Service of Financial Declaration (1353FA)
- Initial Disclosures (1200GE)
- Certificate of Service of Initial Disclosures (1201GE)
If applicable, attach the following “proof of income”:
- Federal and State Tax Returns for the two (2) years before the petition was filed and all documents used to prepare the tax returns.
- Pay Stubs or other proof of income twelve (12) months before the petition was filed.
- Loan Applications and financial statements used to apply for the loans twelve (12) months before the petition was filed.
- Real Estate Documents to verify any property interests. This includes a recent appraisal, tax valuation, and refinance documents.
- Financial Statements for all financial accounts for the three (3) months before the petition was filed. This includes checking, savings, money market funds, certificates of deposit, brokerage, investment, and retirement.
- Review forms carefully
(you can make changes directly to the form)
- Sign and date all forms
- Make at least two copies
- Send a copy of all Step 2 documents to your spouse
- File ONLY Notice (1351FA) and Certificate (1201GE)*
- Self-addressed-stamped-envelope if filing by US Mail
* Note: If you have a hearing scheduled, file all financial disclosure documents.