Hello Divorce will prepare, process and file all of your uncontested Summary Dissolution of Marriage documents. Court Filing fee is not included.
We have modified our Divorce Plus membership cost from $2,500 to $1,500 to take into account this is a summary dissolution action. The terms and conditions below apply to this custom quote.
TERMS & CONDITIONS GOVERNING “DIVORCE PLUS” SERVICES
By purchasing a Hello Divorce premium subscription package, the purchaser agrees to the following terms and conditions. As used herein, “we” or “us” refers to Hello Divorce; “you” refers to the purchaser.
You understand that Hello Divorce is not a law firm nor does it offer attorney services. As such, purchasing a subscription does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and Hello Divorce or any of its affiliated entities.
The county clerk has not evaluated or approved our knowledge or experience, or the quality of our legal document assistants and/or the services they provide. The county clerk only handles registration.
- You should also know that you may obtain information regarding free or low-cost representation through a local bar association or legal aid foundation and that you may contact local law enforcement, a district attorney, or a legal aid foundation if you believe that you have been a victim of fraud, the unauthorized practice of law, or any other injury.
- Purchase of Divorce Plus packages is limited. By purchasing a Divorce Plus package, you are not retaining Hello Divorce or any of its affiliates as your lawyer. We are not your counsel of record in any court action, appear in court, negotiate with the adverse party, or take any other action on your behalf. Instead, the role of Hello Divorce is to assist you in your self-representation by preparing your uncontested divorce documents.
- We are not permitted to engage in the practice of law, which includes providing any kind of advice, explanation, opinion, or recommendation to you about possible legal rights, remedies, defenses, options, selection of forms, or strategies
- Your Divorce Plus package includes access to a legal document assistant of Hello Divorce. The Hello Divorce legal document assistant assigned to assist you will be your primary point of contact. Your legal document assistant will prepare all of the basic divorce forms that are mandatorily required by the court to obtain your divorce. S/he will not prepare “elective” forms such as “Requests for Orders” or Discovery (formal request of information or documentation from your spouse. S/he will also not prepare any document related to litigation should your matter proceed to court such as, “Settlement Conference Statement” or “Response to Request for Orders.”
- You are purchasing Hello Divorce’s Divorce Plus for the total price of $3,000.00, payable at $500.00 a month over (6) months or $2,500, payable in one installment. The Divorce Plus Package includes: unlimited access to hellodivorce.com’s informative resources and templates, and legal document assistants who will prepare, file, and process your uncontested divorce documents.
- We make no representation as to the outcome of any legal matter. We can only provide assistance on the issues you present to us, based upon the facts as you present to us, and we cannot predict the outcome of your case.
- Your premium subscription includes access to a legal document assistant of Hello Divorce. You may contact us at the email address provided to you at any time during the course of your subscription. You will receive a substantive response to your email within 72 hours (excluding weekends and holidays).
- If at any point during your subscription we determine for any reason that we cannot continue to offer your subscription plan, whether that determination be specific to you and your subscription or a global determination about the materials being offered to multiple subscribers, we may terminate your subscription. We may also terminate if the complexities of your matter materially exceed the facts as they were disclosed at the time of your purchase. In the event of termination, we will notify you in writing of our decision to terminate the package; we will also provide a refund of any fee paid for a period of time in which you did not receive access to package materials or a pro rata refund based upon the services you received. If we determine that the entirety of the package fee has been earned and that no refund is due, we shall so notify you of this determination and the basis therefore in writing. Any determination of refund and payment thereof shall be made to you within 30 days of the effective date of termination.
- Any dispute arising between you and us relating to any aspect of the subscription services shall be resolved first by negotiation; if negotiation is not successful, we agree to discuss in good faith the use of mediation before resorting to arbitration, litigation, or any other dispute resolution procedure. You and we agree that if we do engage in arbitration or any other legal proceeding to resolve our conflict, whichever of us prevails in that proceeding will collect from the other the reasonable lawyer’s fees and costs incurred by the prevailing party in connection with such proceeding. Any legal proceeding of any kind concerning subscription services, whether in court or in arbitration, shall be brought in Alameda County, California.