Need financial guidance? Ask one of our certified divorce financial analysts (CDFAs)
What does a CDFA do?
A financial planner or certified divorce financial analyst (CDFA) helps couples come to a divorce agreement using their knowledge of tax law, asset distribution, and financial planning. Hello Divorce has CDFAs available to help in all states.
A well-trained divorce financial planner can help you understand the value and tax pitfalls of your marital estate. They can help propose or analyze settlement options, assist in completing your mandatory financial disclosure, and accurately estimate child and spousal support.
When your divorce becomes final, your divorce financial planner can also make sure your settlement is optimized to put you in the best position to thrive.
How can a CDFA help me?
Here are some of the ways our CDFAs help clients before, during and after divorce:
- Review and analyze assets, debts, income and expenses
- Help prepare or review court required financial disclosures
- Provide financial consulting regarding proposed settlement options
- Identifying and estimating value of marital and separate property including retirement accounts and stock options
- Propose various options for child and spousal support
- Make recommendations for division of property and debts
- Understand short and long term financial implications of different settlement scenarios
- Explore creative "win-win" settlement options
- Resolve financial disputes between spouses
- Review child related expenses and develop a plan
- Determine a post-divorce/separation budget
What happens during your meeting?
The nature of your preparation for a meeting with a Certified Divorce Financial Analyst (CDFA) depends on why you’re meeting with the CDFA.
For example, if you have questions pertaining to the house, it might be helpful to have an approximate value of the house and a list of any other information that seems relevant. If you have a question about retirement accounts, it would be helpful to have a statement (online or paper) from the date of marriage (if possible) as well as current times.
Protect your financial future
Read some of our most helpful blogs about divorce finances.
- How a Financial Advisor Can Assist You in Mediation
- Financial Questions and Division of Assets: By Age
- Mandatory Financial Disclosures and Division of Assets
- 7 Ways to Make Asset and Debt Division as Fair as Possible
- Personal Loan Mistakes to Avoid During Divorce
- How Does Divorce Financial Planning Work?
- Take Control of Your Credit Throughout Your Divorce With These 8 Steps
Meet some of Hello Divorce's CDFAs:
LaurieDivorce Finance Expert (CDFA)
DeniseDivorce Finance Expert (CDFA)
JeffDivorce Finance Expert (CDFA)
Divorce Finance Expert (CDFA)
Get the support you need at a price you can affordSee our software in action. Purchasing our Plus plan means you and your spouse get all the help you need throughout your entire divorce, and you can add on mediation hours if you need extra support. If you still have questions or need help deciding which plan is right for you, our experienced team is always available for a free call or online chat.
Why do so many Hello Divorce customers work with CDFAs?
Get the big picture of your finances
How do you value stock options for divorce? What should you do with your retirement plans? How much should you budget for support? CDFAs give you a clear overview of your financial options after divorce and help you come up with a plan.
Know all of your options
There are usually several ways to divide your finances during a divorce. What if you keep the house instead of selling? How will you handle college costs? CDFAs help think of creative solutions for any financial situation.
One-on-one support every step of the way
Unlike other online divorce options, real people have your back start to finish.
Bring us your mess
We can handle almost any divorce situation. Our expert team will map out the right divorce plan for you, and we have divorce professionals standing by to help.
What do our clients think about Hello Divorce?
Don't take it just from us. Find out what people who have gone through their divorce with Hello Divorce think about our process, our software, and life moving on to their next chapter. Then, give us a call to talk about how we can help you.
People love working with us in your state!
We’ve helped thousands of people navigate their divorce.
We’re here to make things easier.
Our experts know that making the choice to get divorced isn’t easy, so they’re here to support you no matter what.