Request for Order: Custody, Child or Spousal Support

If you're in California and want the court to make an order about child custody, parenting time, child support, and/or spousal support, then you have to ask the court to do so by filing a Request for Order (FL-300). In this request for order, you may request temporary child custody, child support, and/or spousal support orders.

When to use an RFO

You need to schedule a court hearing in order to ask that the court either make new orders or change existing orders made in your case.

Why do you need to file a form for an RFO? 

This form is used to request that the court make or change its orders in regard to child custody, child support, spousal support, lawyers fees, etc. You can ask the court to change orders involving child custody and visitation, child or spousal support, or lawyer’s fees.  Depending on what you are asking for you may need to fill out further forms as well.  This is also the form to use if you need a temporary emergency order, where the emergency involves immediate danger or harm to you or your children.

How to Complete a Request for Order for Custody

Template: Form FL-300