- Divorce Expert who proofreads, files and serves all paperwork
- Document Specialist support for procedural questions
- FREE 7 day trial with code 7DAYSFREE
- Step by step, clear directions & process
- 100% guaranteed court approved forms
- Unlimited downloads and edits
- Securely save, start and stop forms on your time
- Includes divorce judgment (aka Marital Settlement Agreement)
- Interactive organizational checklist
- Requires only one spouse (discounts for 2 spouse signup)
- Easy access to legal advice & services
- 15 min expert planning session
- Upgrade or cancel anytime
- Unlimited access to essential divorce resources
- No court
- Start to finish divorce. No hidden fees.
- Designed by a Certified Family Law Specialist of 15 years
- Lawyer results, without lawyer cost
- Divorce Expert LED – handles every step of your divorce – start to finish.
- Communicates with one or both spouses (your preference).
- (2) hours of legal coaching with a lawyer – ask questions, strategize, agreements, or mediation
*Court filing fees not included
*CA only: While our services allow one spouse to do most of the process on their own, some counties require both spouses do financial disclosures. This requirement is determined at the court’s discretion, but Los Angeles, Nevada, Orange, San Mateo and Tulare Counties have confirmed this requirement.
Frequently Asked Questions
What help do you need?
How do I sign up?
What is a legal document assistant and why use one? (CA)
What is the average or fastest Hello Divorce divorce processing time?
Additionally, our team works to respond and expedite client needs, that said, the average response window is 1-3 days, and then more to complete the actual work required.
How do the DIY Pro and Divorce Plus memberships differ?
With DIY Pro, you lead the divorce and prepare your own forms through our easy-to-use software that instantly populates your divorce forms.
Does Divorce Plus include both spouses?
How exactly do Divorce Plus and Divorce with Benefits work?
In short, you complete a guided, online questionnaire and then your Divorce Expert takes the lead and will review and revise all the paperwork required to get you divorced. Throughout the process, they will provide you personalized resources depending on your needs, coordinate service (delivery) of the documents to your spouse and ensure that everything is properly processed with the court. Divorce is a process, not an event, meaning, it doesn’t happen overnight, but rest assured, we will make it as hassle-free as possible.
The divorce process feels so overwhelming. Will I be able to navigate the process on my own?
How is Hello Divorce different from other websites that prepare divorce forms?
We’re about keeping you empowered while offering all the support we can.
How do I cancel my membership?
The amount you are refunded will be the remainder of your payment after services performed by Hello Divorce are covered.
Can I schedule a call with a lawyer to discuss my divorce?
Are there any additional fees or costs?
If you use a process server to deliver your filed documents to your spouse, you should expect an additional fee of approximately $75 – $100. Service to another state or country sometimes involves additional fees as well.
International divorces can potentially have additional fees depending upon the US and the overseas spouse’s country’s regulations.
Can same sex couples use Hello Divorce for dissolution / divorce?
Why fixed fees for legal services?
Looking for help or advice now? Purchase legal services at this link – you could be talking to a lawyer today.
How do I know what level of membership I need?
What is the Divorce Navigator?
There are three main steps to divorce. Each step consists of 1) preparing the relevant forms; 2) filing them with the court; and 3) serving (i.e. delivering) them on your spouse. To prepare the forms, you’ll respond our simple, online questionnaire. Once completed, your forms will be instantly populated. If you are a DIY member, the “Div Nav” guides you through filing and serving each form with clear instructions. If you want us to file and serve the forms for you, upgrade to DIY Pro.
Additionally, if you would like attorney help for the more complicated issues or to plan your divorce strategy, we offer access to attorneys at on-demand, transparent, flat-fees.
Watch this video to learn about the CA process (CO video coming soon!).
When do I pay?
Can I just stick with a la carte services?
What is a legal coach and should I get one?
If you need legal advice like knowing what your rights are, how to protect your interests, or help forming your agreement a quick legal coaching session can be a lifesaver.
Learn more here.
Can legal coaching and/or mediation be done by telephone?
My divorce is contested, can I still use Hello Divorce?
We also offer many resources and tools to help you strategize your best position, see where you have leverage, review tips for negotiations and court hearings and prepare your documents. If you don’t want to go the full DIY route, we offer document preparation and review or you can purchase legal coaching with an attorney.
Of course, if your divorce gets super complicated and/or you have domestic violence in your relationship, most people use Hello Divorce as a secondary resource.
Do Hello Divorce options require both spouses working together?
My spouse and I haven’t agreed on divorce terms yet. Can I still use Hello Divorce?
My spouse and I are interested in online mediation, how do we sign up?
This service includes a legal assistant who will handle all of your divorce forms and file and serve, plus (5) hours of mediation services – this is ideal for resolving 2-3 of legal issues like child support, custody, spousal support, or asset and debt division.
We are focused on moving you forward in an efficient way, and extra hours are usually only needed when couples have significant disputes regarding custody and schedule or have complex estates. Should you need more than 5 hours with your mediator, the rate is $300/hr.
I have another question that isn't answered here. How can I reach you?
What makes Divorce Navigator so special?
What if my spouse resides outside of the US?
– The overseas spouse must be willing to cooperate, they must have a valid U.S. mailing address, and they must provide notarized, original signatures for the final judgment; the notarization must take place at a US embassy or consulate.
– Additional service fees may apply.
– If the international spouse’s country prevents us from providing complete service, you will only be charged for the work performed then refunded.
– International divorce usually requires more processing time, potentially up to 18 months, due to mail and court processing delays.